Blogs > Sun Insider

News and quick-hit commentary from around mid-Michigan ... from the Morning Sun.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A note from Laura Rodriguez

TheMorningSun.com received this note from Laura Rodriguez, widow of Sgt. 1st Class Gregory Rodriguez, the Mt. Pleasant High School graduate and Weidman native who was killed in action in Afghanistan.

A very wonderful man put together Greg's memorial video for me and posted it to YouTube. It is 10 minutes long as there are 3 songs - Tim McGraw's "If You're Reading This," PuffDaddy's "I'll Be Missing You," and Trace Adkins "Arlington."

For those of you who haven't seen it or gotten the chance to see the final version of it, here it is:



There is also an on-line guest book for family and friends to leave comments/messages about Greg on. I will eventually get it professionally printed so each of the kids can have a copy as they grow up. Here is the link.


Greg's memorial service was beautiful. I probably cried more at the memorial than I did at his funeral.
Greg and I had our ups and downs, but overall he was a wonderful husband, an awesome father, and a dedicated K9 handler and soldier. During the month of August he sent me flowers with beautiful notes to both home and work. My husband was stealing my heart back all over again--after 9 1/2 years of marriage.

Jacko, Greg's K9 companion, is now "home". He's a beautiful, wonderful companion with very good manners. I just wish his Daddy were here with him.

On another note, I would like to thank so many people for their heartfelt support and kindness during this difficult time for our family. I have a lot of personal thank you's to do and I hope I don't forget anyone.

I'm going to cut this short.
Thoughtfully,
Laura Rodriguez

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came upon the video in memory of you husband. It was beautiful. I did not know him or you his family,
but I thank God every day for the men and women who give up their home life, familys, and everyday freedom to fight for our country and our freedom. Blessings and prayers go out to you and his family and all the families of all those everywhere are fighting to keep us free. You will never be forgotten.

3:13 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from an American Citizen,
You should be very proud of your husband. I didn't know him but he must have been very loved as was shown in the video. He seemed to not only be a good soldier but a good person all around.

5:54 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

I worked with Greg at Meijers and he was a good friend who will be greatly missed. I want to not only thank Greg but all of the other service men and women who have given there life for our freedom.

9:32 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tribute to Greg was wonderful. I wish you and the 3 children my best and know when they watch this they will be proud!

10:08 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home