Blogs > Sun Insider

News and quick-hit commentary from around mid-Michigan ... from the Morning Sun.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Updating a story that ran a few weeks ago about blueberry season. You can't find blueberries out and about anymore this summer, but we're smack dab in the middle of blackberry season.

Yesterday, deep in the wilds of Denver Township, I picked about a quart and a half. I've got lacerations all over my legs from the thorns to prove it (who'd a thunk that blackberries grew only in thick brambles?). There was plenty of red (and not just from me poor bleeding legs) out there to tell us that we've got some time yet.

According to the Internet (and, why would the Internet lie to us?), it's enough to complete a pie project, and perhaps some left over. We'll see. Looks like the lard from the hog Ian Gray and I split will finally justify the space it's taking up in my freezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home