Blogs > Sun Insider

News and quick-hit commentary from around mid-Michigan ... from the Morning Sun.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mardi Gras

I got gumbo-ed ... twice. It was long ago scientifically proven -- beyond a shadow of doubt -- that soup is good food, and the first bowl of the autumn season around these parts is something of a religious festival. Chicken, sausage, shrimp, okra ... yes!

But, the parade. Oh, the parade. There was something in the back of my mind telling me to stay away, that I was too tired and crabby and that I knew how it'd turn out. And, what unfolded was precisely as I'd envisioned -- we got there early, picked a decent seat, and within five minutes the view was promptly blocked by kids pushing out into the street with their hands outstretched for free candy. By the time the last cars were pushing through, parade volunteers had to regularly play (parent) crowd control and keep breathing space between the pushing line of kids and the parade. Even the boy was getting into the act. I looked up and down the street to see if I was just unlucky. Nope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

You grumpy old man.

6:43 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home